Sunday, November 1, 2009

US Census

My previous post about Lola features a photo. It occurred to me that there could be an assumption that she is the woman in the photo. Not so. That is a picture of my mom and dad before they were married. Just thought I should clarify.

Here is a picture of my dad when he was a young teenager with two women. I have no idea who these women are. Could one of them be Lola? I have studied the photo, looking for any resemblance between my dad and either woman, but cannot see any. I know there is a photo of Lola somewhere. Apparently my dad carried a picture of her. I have all the photos and am slowly going through them.

I have to say I am so thankful for something called The US Census. Not sure where my search would be without it. I have been able to piece some things together with the help of these documents, along with the stories I've heard. So far, the last thing I have been able to find is Lola in the 1930 Census. It seems that she vanished after that. The 1940 Census will not be released until some time in 2010.

How sad that she could just vanish. How does that happen? I wonder if she "knows" she has granddaughters looking for her. I believe that somewhere there are the children and grandchildren of her siblings. Someone must know something. So, the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment