Sunday, November 15, 2009

Song of the Week - 2

This week's song seems appropriate. My blog is called Cathouseprints (as is my not yet populated Etsy shop). I've always been around cats. I have always loved cats. For most of my life, I've always had cats.

I grew up during a time when one television in the house was the norm (gasp, I know). Some of the popular TV shows were Bonanza, Lawrence Welk, Hawaii 5-0, Perry Mason, Tom Jones, etc. Growing up when I did, with one TV, the shows were most likely dictated by your parents (suprise, kids, not you). I'm really not sure why or when that changed. Could it be that my generation and the one after mine, has taken to completely spoiling children?

Back in the 60s, when I was very young, my parents got me a Donald Duck record player. What good is a record player, without a record? My parents got me a 45 (record), my very first as far as I can recall. I loved that record and that song! I would play it and sing along. Why not, I not only love the song, I love the singer, the songwriter, the movie and cats.

Here ya go - song of the week - week 2 - What's New Pussycat. Sung by Tom Jones. Written by Burt Bacharach! Movie written by the newly introduced,Woody Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment