Thursday, August 4, 2011

Handbags and Gladrags and Song of the Week

My rather new and most recent favorite purse seems to have died an early death! I don't like that. This morning I was rushing out the door to head to the office and as I do every morning I threw an energy bar and a bottle of water in my purse. I got to work and walked into the building with both my purse and my laptop bag on my shoulder. I said "good morning" to the security guard and all of sudden I felt something weird on my shoulder. I said, "what the..." and noticed my purse dangerously dangling towards the ground! I grabbed it and realized that where the strap is attached to the bag had completely been severed. It had completely torn. I'm sad to think I may not be able to salvage it.





When I left work I had to rush to the store to buy a new one. I wasn't "in love" with the options but had to get something. I can't believe how expensive handbags are these days (and I'm not shopping at a high-end boutique or department store). I am one of those people that buys one purse and carries it until it is dusted and then I replace it, so I had no emergency "back-up" to hold me over until I could find one I really LOVED. Oh the lessons we learn.

So in memoriam of my purse, I thought I take this opportunity to post a "Song of the Week"! I'm a long time fan of Rod Stewart and the Faces and had this idea after reading Steve's hysterical blog post about going to see Queen in concert in 1978. It came to mind because I never did see Queen (which I really regret) but I saw Rod and The Faces EVERY SINGLE TIME they came to town!

There really are so many great Rod Stewart songs and I have so many favorites, but this one truly fits with the post and has always been able to not only make me smile, but for some strange reason, bring a tear to my eye!

1 comment:

  1. Love this song! After reading this I had an afternoon of vintage Rod, much better than doing what I was meant to be doing!

    ReplyDelete