Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sneak Peak

The week is just flying by, much to my surprise. I really thought that after the long weekend, this full work week would drag. Not the case. So, in an attempt to keep my promise to myself of two to three blog posts a week, I thought I should share.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an unpopulated Etsy shop. I have been struggling to complete my shop policies (policies that I can live with and live up to) as well as figuring out the shipping details. I don't know why this is so hard for me to do.

I love many art forms. I draw, carve, print, paint, make jewelry. I made a bunch of memory wire bracelets last month for two craft fairs I participated in. They have approximately 3 loops. Memory wire is so cool. It looks a bit like a Slinky. It is so easy to put on and take off as it just easily wraps around the wrist. I used glass beads and charms.






I also have cat drawings that I scanned and then digitally colored in Photoshop. I plan to list a series of these prints in different color "themes" as well as dish towels and scarves hand printed with my carvings, screen printed shirts and Gocco prints. I am also working on some poodle drawings.

So, in between the copying, pasting and editing from various Etsy shop policies to create my own, I have started the holiday decorating of the house. I pulled the fake tree out of the box and put it up and added the little LED lights. Boy, that tree is nowhere near as full as depicted on the box photo! Looks like a trip to Target for tinsel is on the horizon! I'm looking forward to completing the decorating. I really could leave all the holiday decorations up year round, but surely some would find that tacky! Festive things around the house just seem so comforting. Alas, after all the work and thought in putting everything out on display, it will all be torn down and put back in storage in a matter of a few weeks for another year. Hmm, a year that will fly by in almost the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment