Monday, June 27, 2011

Shopping With Me Is Not Always Fun

Sometimes I wonder just why things happen.  For example, why did I fall and fracture my nose? Who knows, really. I suppose we can surmise all we want, but will we every really know why?

Yesterday I found myself having one of those "why did this happen" moments. I promised my mom I would take her to Sears. We were both in the market for new lingerie and I wanted to get a few blouses. We also had to run to Target, get cat food, go to Staples for ink for my printer, and to Rite Aid to pick up and to fill prescriptions for my mom.

Well, we went to Sears first and scored! The bras we wanted to on rack for 30% off! When I scanned them at the price scanner (a weird habit of mine), I noticed they came up at full price. I decided to question that and turns out the sale ended Saturday but no one took the sign down. We got the Maidenform bras at the sale price!

Then to Target at the Galleria. Now, I don't generally go there because it is insanely crowded. This Target is at the Glendale Galleria and across the street from this somewhat new monstrosity called Americana. Being cheap, most people don't want to pay to park at the Americana, so they park at Target/Galleria, and it is always a nightmare. We lucked into a close parking spot, went in and got our items. Heading out, the stupid shopping cart locked and I had to carry my purchases which included two 15 lb boxes of cat litter. I was annoyed.

As we walked to the car, my mom was having trouble seeing in the structure (she has macular degeneration) and people drive through it like it's a race track. I couldn't hold her hand or help her as I was carrying the cat litter. We got to the car, put the purchases in and split. I was, for some reason, flustered at that point and when we went to the next shopping center for cat food and ink, I did something I've never done before - I locked my keys in the car! I was nearly in tears. It was by now 5PM Sunday and the last thing I wanted to do was be stuck in a parking lot waiting for help. I did leave the window down a bit and went into a frenzy mode and attempted several times to stick my arm through the opening to try to pull up the lock on the door.

It just didn't work. I would push down on the window, stick my arm in and then the window would go back up and I'd feel pain on my forearm and would have to push it back down in order to pull my arm out. Ultimately, I had to call Auto Club and within 30 minutes the car was open. Needless to say, I didn't get home until 6PM and basically was so annoyed that I didn't work on any the paintings that are currently in my sketchbooks waiting to hit the canvas.

When I did get home, I noticed just how much my forearms hurt and actually looked at them. I was horrified! I looked (and still do look) like a junkie all bruised and battered.


Needless to say, I was pretty cranky and my poor mom had to put up with me and my anger over this. I apologized to her for being such a bitch; I truly felt bad. If she wanted to rip my head off, she never showed it. She can be a real saint and lives up to the one she was named after, Saint Cecelia.

After I barely calmed down, I made dinner and managed to make an Etsy Treasury. It is dedicated to the talented artists out there that also manage to blog! There are some mighty fine things included, so do check it out. BTW, I'm still trying to figure out how to actually showcase Treasuries here on the blog and haven't yet made it happen.

So after a drama filled day, I woke up this morning to find that I was featured on a very cool blog! I was jazzed. Thanks to Black Friday Studios for the feature! My fourth in a week! Wow. I shall feature Katt here soon and you will be glad I did! She is an amazing artist and an animal lover.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!! That looks painful. I hope you're feeling better now. I hate days like that when everything seems to go wrong.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete