Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

A quick little Wordless Wednesday post on Thursday. I had been meaning to scan this and share it and thought I'd go ahead and do it now. This is a copy of photograph of my dad's brother Raymond, their paternal grandmother Hattie Belle Horney Robinson Kemp Taylor Palmer, and my dad.  I received this and so many other photos from my cousin Beverly. Beverly's mother, Edna, was Hattie's youngest daughter.

I am quite certain this photo was taken in January of 1920, as Hattie, Edna, and Hattie's youngest son, Joe, were all listed on the 8 January 1920 census at my grandfather Red's house in Mason City, Iowa. Lola, Raymond and my dad were also on the census, as was Lola's brother Bill Meents.

Raymond died in July of 1920. My dad always said he'd drowned but last year we learned that according to the Elmwood Cemetery records, where he is buried in an unmarked grave, his death had something to do with his heart. I'm not sure when he died, but I know he was buried on 8 July 1920, and was listed as 4 years and 8 months old.

Raymond, Hattie, Robert


2 comments:

  1. I love old photographs! The hairstyle, the old railing, it's so neat that you have this picture and know who they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. old photos are so interesting, your very lucky to have found so many!

    ReplyDelete