Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Shop is Finally Open for Business

It took me forever, but I FINALLY listed items in my Etsy shop! Here's the link.

I opened the shop over a year ago, but that was the extent of it. I had also created the banner and the avatar, but just got caught up in the search for Lola, that the shop fell off my radar. It fell off my radar, yes, but was always in the back of my mind, haunting me.

Over this past weekend I added info about myself and my shop, the shop banner and avatar, policies and finally listed some items. That was a lot of work. I couldn't believe how much time it took. The hard part is over, and now to create more art to list.

I almost didn't achieve my goal here, as I wasn't happy with the pictures of the framed prints once I had viewed them on my computer. I decided that if I allowed that to stop me, then yet again, I'd have another failed goal and would wake up in the morning (and a Monday that I shall surely dread) feeling dissapointed. I couldn't allow that to happen again, so I used the pictures I had and listed items.

Trying to write a bio and shop policies was not easy to do. It probably seems easy enough, but it was tough. I had to check out other shops and take bits and pieces in order to develop my own, but it came together. Chances are, it will change, expand, whatever, as time goes on.

So, I have something I can actually cross off my 2010 goals - Etsy shop! I otherwise haven't done so well on those goals I set for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment