Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wordless Wednesday and Happy Birthday Dad

For Wordless Wednesday I'm sharing a picture of my dad from July of 1958. Not really sure where this was taken, but it was one year after my parents got married. Maybe an anniversary trip, or maybe the wedding photos weren't developed for a year. My mom doesn't remember where this picture was taken, yet she does think it was taken in a motel room somewhere.

Dad, July of 1958
If my dad was still alive, he would have turned 94 yesterday! I find that so hard to imagine - 94! He was strong and stubborn and set in his ways, and towards the end of his life, he was very frail. I love this picture as he has a smile like I've never seen on his face! And dig those argyle socks. This outfit is much better than his favorite from his later years.

He had these "fake" jeans that were wine colored and he would wear them with a red and white checkered short sleeved shirt! Yikes! We always thought some cheesy guy possessed our dad, as he was a dapper guy in his younger years. When we'd question that outfit, he'd always say it matched - it was red. Ugh. He didn't get that the pants weren't really "red". Sadly (or maybe luckily for you readers), I may never share a picture of that insane outfit.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you "anonymous"! If you're lucky enough to have your dad still, please make sure you get as much information as you can while you can. Once they're gone, finding the answers is harder (obviously). I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo and a great post! It was a pleasure reading it!

    ReplyDelete