Monday, April 18, 2011

My Birthday So Far

Today was my birthday. It was very nice considering it fell on a full moon Monday and I worked all day. I went to the Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks concert at the Hollywood Bowl Saturday night (thanks Rach)! Sunday I won $20 on a $2 scratcher. Plus, today I had tons of well wishes on Facebook, phone calls, emails, got flowers, cards, nice gifts and topped it off with Dancing With The Stars.

Prior to that I did find my grandmother recently. This time last year I was thinking it would have been such a great birthday gift if someone found her and presented that to me for my birthday. But in the end, one year later (almost), I found her and that was a great gift. I also got copies of some great pictures of Red (my grandfather) as a young man and pictures of my dad as a young boy from a cousin of mine! Those pictures are so special and I need to scan these and send them to my big sister.

My mom is doing much better and will be moving in with me. I look forward to spending more time with her while we can. Ever since telling her this, she has just been so upbeat and chatty! I'm so happy that she's looking forward to this and won't be so lonely in her final years.

No comments:

Post a Comment