Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wordless Wednesday

This week's Wordless Wednesday photo is one I found in my late aunt Sadie McPhee's photo album (which I have). This is a picture of three of my (late) maternal aunts, Patricia McPhee Dolan, Clara McPhee McPhail and Sadie McPhee.

Based on the clothes, I believe this picture was taken in the 1940s and that would then mean it was taken in Toronto, Canada.


L-R Patricia McPhee Dolan, Clara McPhee McPhail, Sadie McPhee

I love how glamorous they were! Whenever I see old pictures like this (especially from war times) I am always so amazed at how glamorous and put together people looked during the war and during a time when many things were rationed. How did they do it?

1 comment:

  1. You've made an interesting observation. I agree, they do look glamorous. They all seem to have really nice hair.

    ReplyDelete